We welcome you back to worship together with us at CBCOC. For your safety, please read the following information about COVID-19 and assessing your health before deciding to join us for Sunday Worship.
Who is at higher risk for COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a new disease and there is limited information regarding risk factors for severe disease. Based on currently available information and clinical expertise, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
Based on what we know now, those at high-risk for severe illness from COVID-19 are:
- People 65 years and older
- People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
People of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, including:
- People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- People who have serious heart conditions
- People who are immunocompromised (Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications)
- People with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher)
- People with diabetes
- People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- People with liver disease
If you are at higher risk of contracting COVID-19, we strongly advise you not to visit CBCOC at this time and instead worship with us through our livestream in you home.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Our Health Questionnaire is set up to evaluate your health for possible symptoms of COVID-19 and our efforts at CBCOC to provide the safest possible environment to worship together.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you are displaying one ore more symptoms within the last 10 days that are associated with COVID-19 or you have been in situation that recently exposed you to COVID-19 in the past 14 days, for your safety and those around you we will not be able to allow you onto the church campus and we welcome you to worship with us via livestream.
Safe Habits You can Do to Protect Yourself
There are many ways to protect yourself:
- Avoid large crowds or gatherings with no social distancing or mask wearing
- When washing hands, please lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds before rinsing with clean water.
- Wear a mask in public areas
- Avoid touching your face and eyes